Last Updated on
Happy Hour! Those two little words can be music to the ears after a busy day of adventures in the mountains. So, where do you go in Winter Park when you’re parched and needing a libation with a side of good eats?
Well, the truth is there are a TON of options. So, we’ve narrowed the list down to our Top 5 Après Spots (location & ambiance) and our Top 5 Happy Hour Deals (best food & drink specials).
Winter Park’s Top 5 Après Ski Bars
#1 Heck’s Tavern at Devils Thumb Ranch
TREMENDOUS! Gorgeous views and really excellent mixed/specialty drink selections. Plus they’ve got some yummy small plates/appetizers that work perfectly. They are the Waygu (fancy, tasty beef) experts up here so if you’re able, savor their DTR Waygu burger…so worth it!
#2 Fraser Valley Distilling
These folks know what they’re doing! A microbiologist is your bartender, what more could you want? Wonderful spirits that they make, right there, and really great food to boot. Super easy location right off the highway in downtown Fraser. Don’t blink you might miss it. Grandhattan all the way…you’re in Grand County after all! And they’d love to give you a tour of the place, truly passionate folks.
#3 Hideaway Park Brewery
Bring your dog…they’re always welcomed, nay, encouraged! Here’s where to go if you want to beer-thirty like a local. And you just go next door and “grab a dog” (hot-dog that is) at Fraser Valley Hot Dog when you need some sustenance. Learn about their home brews here.
#4 Idlewild Spirits Brewpub & Restaurant
Great selection of cocktails made with their in-house vodkas, rums, whiskey & gin; plus mix and match appetizers and main plates that will satisfy your appetite. Local’s tip – head downstairs to the cozy cask room for a quieter spot. See their full line up of food and drinks.
#5 Vertical Bistro
If you’re staying at the Winter Park Resort and are looking for a great end of day drink or dinner, Vertical is where to go. You can bike or ski right on down and park your stuff outside. I know this isn’t typical happy hour fare but the Hail Mary is just silly. Food and drink all in one!
Hey Y’all, I was sitting in Lime at the Winter Park Village having a nice margarita yesterday and I overheard a customer asking about happy hour. This gave me a great idea to put all the local happy hours in one place so that in these tough economic times we can still get a good buzz on for cheap up here in Winter Park. So here goes in no particular order:
#4 The Ditch: Yummy south of border type food (but great burgers/sammies too) and excellent Margaritas! If you want to sit out over it all and see what’s happenin’ in town, go here.
- Lime: Monday thru Friday 2pm to 6pm $3.00 house margs and draft beer (Dos XX Amber) http://www.eatatlime.com/
- Winter Park Sushi Bar: Everyday 4pm to 6pm $2.75 12 oz bottled beers and well cocktails, $4.74 small hot sake, 2 for 1 on select sushi rolls http://www.ineedsushi.com/index.html
- The Cheeky Monk – everyday 3pm to 6pm one dollar off the first three beers on the menu I think they are Carlsberg, Blanche De Bruxelles, and Afflem Blonde (African Blonde?). Also one dollar off house wine and cheaper awesome french fries served with lemon aoili. http://thecheekymonk.com/
- Winter Park Pub – everyday 3pm to 6pm $2.00 bud draft, $2.50 micro draft, $3.00 import draft and $2.50 well drinks and food being $.25 wings until they run out http://www.winterparkpub.com/
- Mirasol Cantina – 4pm to 6:30 pm everyday $3.50 margaritas, $4.50 mojitos, $1.50 pbr drafts, $2.50 domestic drafts and well drinks. http://mirasolcantina.com/
- Randi’s Irish Pub – Monday thru Friday 4pm to 6pm $2.00 well drinks and half price drafts. http://www.igougo.com/dining-reviews-b144506-Winter_Park-Randis_Irish_Saloon.html
- Hernando’s Pizza Pub – Open at 4pm no happy hour. http://www.hernandospizzapub.com/
- Fontenot’s – everyday 3pm to 5pm $3.00 drafts, house wine, margarita’s and bloody mary’s. All appetizers are also $7.00 http://fontenotswp.com/Home_Page.html
- Tabernash Tavern – open at 4pm with no real happy hour http://www.wplbo.com/news/tag/tabernash-tavern/
- Ranch House Restaurant at Devil’s Thumb Ranch – No happy hour.
- Brickhouse 40 – everyday 4pm to 6pm bottle beer and house wine specials and $3.00 to $4.00 special appetizers http://www.brickhouse40.com/Home_Page.html
- Backcountry Grill – No happy hour.
- Untamed Brewhouse and Grill – ???????? http://www.wildcreekbrewingcompany.com/index.htm
- Derailer – Well I would like to tell you what they have but the very helpful Intrawest representative informed me they have well drink and draft specials and no food specials.They would offer no specifics.
- Doc’s – Again I was told by the Intrawest representative they have well drink and draft specials and no food specials. They would offer no specifics.
- The Club Car at Mary Jane – Another Intrawest operation and I was told they have well drink and draft specials and no food specials. They would offer no specifics.
- The Crooked Creek Saloon – Monday thru Friday 3pm to 7pm and Sunday 11am to 5pm $2.00 wells and domestic drafts http://www.crookedcreeksaloon.com/
- Smokin Moe’s – no happy hour http://www.smokinmoes.com/
- Gasthause Eichler – no drink specials but they have an all inclusive dinner that is $18.50. Food is very good and this sounds like a great deal.
- Carvers Bakery Cafe – open 7am to 2pm everyday soI think that may even be a little bit to early to drink for me! http://carvers-wp.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-home.cgi?d=chef-duncan-inc
- Star of India – no drink specials yet but they may after winter park resort closes for the year. http://www.starofindiawp.com/starwp.swf
- Carlos and Maria’s – 3:30pm to 6pm everyday. $12.00 house margarita pitchers and $2.00 tacos. http://www.igougo.com/dining-reviews-b144501-Winter_Park-Carlos_and_Marias.html
- Deno’s Mountain Bistro – everyday 3pm to 7pm $1.00 off domestic drafts, micro brew drafts, house wines and well drinks. http://www.denosmountainbistro.com/
- Moffat Station Brewery – 3pm to 5pm $2.00 off the two microbrews that are brewed at the brewery.
- Buckets – Laundry by day and bar by night. No happy hour though.
- Grand Lake Brewing Company – no happy hour. http://www.grandlakebrewing.com/
- The Historic Riverside Hotel, Bar & Restaurant – In Hot suppher Springs but they have no happy hour.
- Freestyle’s Tavern – More of a nightclub with no happy hour. http://www.myspace.com/freestyleswinterpark
- Azteca Mexican Restaurant – No happy hour. http://www.wplbo.com/news/tag/azteca/
Makes we want to go and try all the Winter Park happy hours!