15 Don’t Miss Events In Winter Park This Summer
Summer is right around the corner which means the calendar is filling with world-class summer events in Winter Park. Pack your bags and come celebrate with us in Winter Park! Lock down your lodging with Winter Park Lodging Company for these fantastic festivals and mountain activities.
ONGOING WINTER PARK EVENTS:
- High Note Thursdays – Every Thursday, June 20th – August 22nd. Come join us at the Rendezvous Event Center at Hideaway Park every Thursday for some great music, good friends and live entertainment. Local’s Tip: BYO food, beverages, blankets, but there are lots of chairs in the park that are free to use.
JUNE IN WINTER PARK:
- Switchback Music Festival – Country Music Lovers get ready! The 2019 Switchback Music Fest is coming back to Winter Park on June 22nd. Prepare to sit back, relax and enjoy a day of country music from some incredible artists!
- Blues From The Top – For all of you Blues Fans, the 17th Annual Blues From The Top Music Festival is June 29th – 30th. Grab your friends, along with your dancing shoes, and head to the Rendezvous Event Center at Hideaway Park. It will be a great time to hear some of your favorite musicians all in one place. You can indulge yourself with some Blues, Roots, American Rock, Jam, Soul, and some good ol’ traditional blues gospel. 2019 lineup includes Lucinda Williams, The Allman Betts Band, Robert Randolph & The Family Band and more! And don’t forget about the “Blues After Dark” at the new Headwaters Center from 9-11: 45 pm. Purchase tickets here!
JULY IN WINTER PARK:
- Rendezvous Run for Independence – Celebrate our nation and start your day off right with a 5-mile run/walk through Winter Park and the Fraser Valley. The race beings at the Vintage Hotel, near the Winter Park Resort and travels down the Fraser River Trail, ending at Rendezvous for an after race celebration! Find out more details and sign up here!
- 4th of July Celebration – Free, Family, Fun. Come celebrate with us at the Rendezvous Event Center at Hideaway Park from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. There will be face painting, carnival games, live music and of course, FIREWORKS!
- Village Uncorked! – Come join us at the Winter Park Resort on July 6th from 12:00-4:00 p.m. and sample over 40 different wines and an assortment of cheeses, relish in a farm-to-table dinner and enjoy seminars throughout the day to help broaden your horizons.
- Tequila & Tacos – Get ready for the 4th Annual Tequila, Tacos, Live Music and more on July 6th from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.! You can’t resist an afternoon of fun in the sun with tequila and taco tastings on the side! See more details here.
- Winter Park Alpine ArtAffair – Join us for the 46th Annual Fine Arts & Fine Crafts show on July 13th & 14th. Experience everything from painting, ceramics, unique sculptures, photography and much, much more! Food, music and free admission!
- Winter Park Jazz Festival – Get ready to experience a weekend of a lifetime with Boyz II Men and Dave Koz and Friends Summer Horns, along with many more amazing artists. The festival takes place July 20th & 21st at the Rendezvous Event Center at Hideaway Park. Check out the lineup and get your tickets here before they are sold out!
AUGUST IN WINTER PARK:
- Winter Park Beer Festival – Check out one of the best beer festivals in the state on August 3rd from 12:00 – 5:00 p.m. Featuring over 30 local, regional & national breweries along with live music, food, & shopping, this is a don’t miss event in Winter Park. Local’s tip: Get the VIP tickets for an exclusive experience.
- Bike Winter Park Weekend – August 9th – 11th. This is a first-year event in Winter Park where you can choose your own adventure for the biking fanatic! Pedal on over and check out the details here!
- SolShine Music Fest –The SolShine Music Festival is back August 17th. It is going to be funky in Winter Park — dance the night away to a mix of classic funk, party funk, and electronic dance music. Full list of artist coming soon.
- Winter Park Uncorked Wine Festival – Stop by the Rendezvous Event Center at Hideaway Park on Saturday, August 24th from 12-4pm and enjoy wine tasting, food and live music!
- Country At The Park – Get ready to have your socks blown off with Dustin Lynch headlining this event on Saturday, August 31st. Dust off your cowboy boots and hats and come on out for a wild ride! Learn more about where to get your tickets here!
- Wild West Whiskey Festival – If you like whiskey, country music and BBQ then this is the Labor Day festival for you, August 31st – September 1st from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m.! Come to experience tastings from local Colorado distilleries and wrangle in some of those good eats. Yee-haw!
(photo courtesy of Chad Bratt Photography)