Found some interesting statistics on Winter Park this week and thought I’d share.
1) We get 355 inches of annual snowfall (one of the best in Colorado)
2) 3,078 skiable acres (that’s 1238 hectares)
3) 145 trails (plus all that good tree skiing that they don’t name)
4) 26 lifts including 2 high-speed six-pack lifts, 7 high-speed express quads, lots of others and one rope tow (which I take each time I ski to get up to Sunspot when coming back from Mary Jane)
5) 3,060′ vertical drop
6) And a good trivia question…the longest run at Winter Park? 7.4 miles (8.2 kilometers). Bet there is some polling on that one. Anyone know which run it is?
Sarah March 9th, 2009