Winter Park, Colorado off season, shoulder season or plain old mud season. We are smack dab in the middle of it up here in the Rockies. Snow, sun, mud, wind, snow and more mud seems to be how the weather is going this time of year. Not a lot going on but it is still beautiful up here now but remember to bring some clothing layers ’cause the weather will change at the drop of a hat.
What to do to in Winter Park in this mud season of ours? Well, I thoughtI would do a top five things to do in Winter Park, CO after the ski season ends. So here goes.
- Grand Park Rec Center – I’m not sure what we have done in the past without the rec center but it couldn’t have been this fun. The kids love the place and it’d an escape from whatever crazy weather that is outside.
- Ski Berthoud Pass – The snow keeps falling so lets just roll with the punches and continue skiing. There is some hiking involved but it is a great way to get in shape and some pretty good skiing. This can be dangerous so be careful.
- Get ready for Winter Park Mountain Bike Season – weather can be an obstacle but there is riding that can be done especially on the roads. Get those legs working now and get the benefits come June.
- Ski A-Basin – They have been getting good snow this spring and won’t close until June. Head on over through Silverthorn and spend a day skiing like we are in the middle of the winter.
- Hit the Hot Sulphur Springs Mineral Baths – spend a day soaking the old bones in some healing waters and chase the cold away. Relaxing and invigorating all at the same time.
There is still a lot to do here in the mud season. Try one of the above activities and you can go hit one of Winter Park’s fine restaurants or bars that are serving food and drink right through this shoulder season. Check out Deno’s Mountain Bistro or The Sushi Bar.
Sarah April 29th, 2010
Posted In: Best of
Local Insider Info, Winter Park Activities