Whether you are nursing an injury, just need a day off from skiing or are hosting the kids or grandkids on a ski trip & plan to to relax the whole time you're in the mountains, here are some ideas on fun and relaxing activities to do indoors in Winter Park.
- Winter Park Winery in Fraser has a quaint tasting room to sip wine & relax. Great folks who make the wine right here in Winter Park (970-726-4514).
Apre Ski Bars (just some personal favorites)
- Derailer Bar ? right at the base of Winter Park in the West Portal building, enjoy great brews & views of the skiers coming down the slopes. Pricey appetizers aren't that great, but the fun atmosphere makes up for it.
- Vertical Bistro & Tap Room? the newest restaurant in the Village at Winter Park Resort. Located right next to the ice-rink, this american-style bistro provides a delicious and diverse menu of mountain cuisine for lunch, apres ski and dinner. They also have a huge patio that's great for sunny days. Located in the Village at Winter Park Resort (970-531-2691).
- Winter Park Pub ? THE locals favorite for watching the game or just shootin' the breeze, with great burgers and wings. Taco Tuesday is a hit with $1 tacos, and they also host live music most weekends during the ski season and mid-summer (970-726-4929).
- See more ideas!
- The Foundry Bowl & Cinema is is a great place to entertain the whole family, with two movie theaters, a bowling alley, arcade games and fresh stone-baked pizza. Located on the left at the west end of downtown Winter Park, after the last set of traffic lights.
Cafés ? with WiFi
- The Mountain Grind Coffee & Bistro? is a really cute coffee shop right in the Cooper Creek Square shopping center, a nice place to grab some fudge, Italian Gelato, chile or a sandwich along with your coffee drink or cocktail. They also host live music on most Fridays in peak winter and summer months, but call in advance to learn the schedule (970-726-0999).
Hot Sulpher Springs
- Well, this is technically outdoors, but it's a more relaxing activity and they have a spa for massage treatments, too. About 45 minutes to an hour from Winter Park, depending on the roads. They have about 20 outdoor pools of different temperatures of natural spring water. The Ute Indians used to use the very same springs. www.hotsulphursprings.com.
Spas & Massage
- Bella Vita Wellness Spa and Salon ? they have thermal massage tables as well as massage therapists and salon services. The thermal massage tables are great for a quick & affordable treat or get the full-body treatment, a pedicure, manicure & more. (970-726-9505).
- Devil's Thumb Ranch ? for luxurious pampering this is the place to go, but be prepared to spend a pretty penny (970-726-1099).
Pilates Would you like to become a better skier, biker, hiker, just better anything and feel better as a result? Strengthen the core of your body and soul with Pilates.
- Polestar Pilates Studio ? Free introductory to pilates classes, $39 unlimited classes for two weeks and special discounts for Winter Park Lodging Company guests, click here.
- Elevate Pilates and Physical Therapy ? Offering private Pilates sessions, duet Pilates sessions, apparatus classes, Pilates mat classes and Barre classes.
Fraser Valley Recreation Center
- There's a full-day's worth of things to do at the Rec Center, including a huge swimming area with waterslide, lazy river, kiddie wading play area, hot tub, sauna & more. Then there's the indoor climbing wall, a Wii in the lounge area, basketball courts, indoor running track, weights & cardio equipment. Click here for more details.
The Winter P'arcade
- For arcade games to entertain young and old, right at the Village at Winter Park Resort, you gotta stop by the Winter P'arcade. Located near the base of the Cabriolet drop off at the end of the Village.