Spice it up this month with this delicious chicken curry
It’s snowing like crazy in Winter Park, and there’s nothing better than feasting on a spicy dish to ward off the cold. This easy to make recipe is super quick and easy to prepare after a long day on the slopes, and will simmer itself to perfection while you enjoy a little apres ski aperitif.
Ingredients (for 6 servings)
- 5 chicken breasts, cut into one inch cubes.
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 11 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of half & half cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder (or more according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of paprika (or more according to taste)
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper, and the paprika and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over a medium heat. Add the apple and onion to the melted butter, season with the curry powder, and stir fry until the apple and onion are tender (about 8-10 minutes).
- Stir in the mushroom soup and half and half; continue to stir until the mixture is fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture over the chicken pieces, and bake in the pre-heated oven until the chicken is full cooked (reading 180 degrees F on a meat thermometer); about 75 minutes.
- Serve with rice or egg noodles.