New Intereactive Floorplans Make Choosing The Right Vacation Rental Even Easier

Winter Park VacationsWe understand that planning a vacation can be a tricky business: there’s activities to plan, transportation to arrange, equipment to rent, and finding the right vacation rental for all your family’s needs.

At Winter Park Lodging Company, we’re always trying to make the booking process easier, so that you can spend less time trawling through endless websites, and more time planning the fun stuff.

One of the big reasons our guests love to chat with our reservation team during the booking process, is so that they can ask specific questions about the layout of the property.

We understand that most families or groups are going to have specific needs when it comes to sleeping arrangements.  For example, parents are going to want to know the proximity of their room to the kids’ room, guests with mobility challenges are going to want to know how many flights of stairs there are in the property, and multi-family groups are going to be looking for at least two living spaces with entertainment outlets for the children.

Long story short, we recognized the need for floor plans in our property listings.  And not just any old floor plan, we wanted a plan that would take our guests on a virtual tour of our vacation homes, with a birds eye view of the floor plan for each level of the home, plus full color photos.

Partnering with cutting edge floor plan provider TruPlace, we are excited to announce that we have completed floor plans for 30% of our properties currently feature an interactive floor plan, and we intend to have the remaining 70% completed by the end of September.
Vacation rentals with floorplans

How do they work?  Simply click on the floor plan button on our property listing and a complete plan of the home will appear on your screen.

An image is shown in the center of the screen, with the floor plan on the right side of the screen.  Now, hover your mouse pointer on different rooms on the floor plan, and you will see the image change to a view of each of the areas you hover on.  You can even see key views from some of the rooms or decks by pausing your mouse on each of the dots.

Notice also, the tabs at the top of the floor plan.  Click on each of the levels (Main, Upper, Lower, All) to see the specific layout of each floor.

Or, perhaps you would prefer to see a complete gallery of all of the images, including exterior shots, garages, and shared amenities?   Click on the tabs above the main image to view a more traditional view of the full gallery, slideshow and a mapped location of the property.

Initial feedback from our guests has been extremely positive, with many saying they’ve never felt more confident in booking a vacation rental.    Additionally, many of our property owners have shared that they love looking through some of the other properties in our program, to get inspiration for interior design ideas and furnishing updates.

Take a look for yourself.   We’ve offered a quick selection of some of our vacation homes with floor plans below.   Click on the links below to open the listing, then click the FLOOR PLAN TOUR button to open up the interactive floor plan and gallery portal.

Parry Peak loft 4 bedroom

Base Village Loft 101

modern condos in winter park

Trailhead Lodges 723

Vacation rentals winter park

Base Camp 480

Studio rentals winter park

Founders Pointe 4371

July 3rd, 2014

Posted In: Helpful hints, Lodging

Tags: , ,