We here at Winter Park Lodging by Owner, most of us being former restaurant/bar owners or employees and such, have decided to come up with our very own top ten ten list of restaurants for the Fraser Valley area. With a couple of restaurants opening in the new Winter Park Village we know competition for the dining dollar is only going to get more fierce up here in WP. So here goes our list in no particular order. We don’t want to offend any of our fellow citizens!
- Tabernash Tavern – upscale comfort food with quality that you can’t believe here in Tabernash. Great atmosphere also. It has taken over from Devil’s Thumb Ranch as our upscale favorite! Cheaper too!!
- Hernando’s Pizza – an old time favorite that just seems to keep getting it right. They have the all time best Hawiian Pizza with sliced almonds.
- Mirasol Cantina – Great margaritas and a dynamite salsa bar. Try the lamb tacos, they are fantastic!
- Sushi Bar – Great sushi in the mountains and the best staff around. Say hey to Jill our favorite bartender. She can whip up a mean Maker’s Mark Manhattan.
- The Winter Park Pub – Sometimes you need to get down and dirty with some live music and draft beer. If it was an epic day on the slopes don’t forget the Jager. Give Jeff, the owner, a holler tell him his WPLBO neighbors sent you over.
- Azteca Mexican Restaurant – Family style mexican with good margaritas. They have a nice patio for the summer and great salsa.
- Rudi’s Deli – Best sandwiches in Winter Park and Tim the owner is a great guy. Talk a little politics with Tim as you chow down your “Holiday on a bun” – my favorite.
- Fontenot’s – A little cajun up in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Great gumbo and jambalaya and they put up with our food throwing twins!
- Lime – They were one of our competitors in Denver but now I’m outta that biz we can recommend them freely. Brand new in the Winter Park Village but the three times we’ve been there food and margs have been great. They do need to figure out their heat/cold issues with the front door though.
- The Cheeky Monk – They opened Feb 28th and we tried it out already. AWESOME! Big red walls with vaulted ceilings and Belgium-like chandeliers, it really does feel like a Belgium ski lodge. Hang on, is there skiing in Belgium? Anyway, it’s worth going and mention Winter Park Lodging By Owner. You get a free Blanche De Bruxelles draft with any purchase when you mention our name.
Sarah February 23rd, 2009
Posted In: Deals, Dining & Restaurants, Night Life, Our favorites
Azteca, Grand County, Mexican Food, Sushi, tabernash tavern, winter park restaurants