Winter Park Mountain Bike Capital USA
The Winter Park/Fraser Chamber is getting a new website up and running strictly about mountain biking in and around Winter Park, Colorado. So far there are trails and some other such stuff there and it looks to be a great addition to their main website.
The website is http://www.mountainbikecapitalusa.com/ . It is still under construction but there are a few Winter Park bike trails there. If you would like to contribute photos or video there is a place to do that on the site.
With over 600 miles of trails, it’s no wonder that Winter Park & the Fraser Valley is the Mountain Bike Capital of the United States.
The Winter Park Lodging Co crew took a day this week to hit the Trestle Bike Park for some downhill gravity fed mountain biking and what a day it was. We will post some video of my falls when we get them edited. If you have not downhill mountain biked it is something that should be tried. It is a workout like nine other and quite the rush.
Here are some of the Winter Park/Fraser mountain bike events and races:
Upcoming 2010 Events
* July 24 – Trestle Bike Park Race Series #1 (Downhill) at Winter Park Resort
* July 25 – Trestle Bike Park Race Series #2 (Super D) at Winter Park Resort
* July 25 – Women, Wheels & Wine – Women’s Mountain Bike Day at Devil’s Thumb Ranch
* July 29 – Aug 1 – Crankworx Colorado at Winter Park Resort – one of the largest gravity-fueled mountain bike festivals in the United States!
* July 31 – Epic Singletrack Series #5 (Crankworx CO Cross Country) at Winter Park Resort
* July 31 – Aug 1 Mountain Bike Capital USA™ Weekend at Hideaway Park
* Aug 14 – Epic Singletrack Series #6 (Mary Jane Circuit) at Winter Park Resort
* Aug 15 – Trestle Bike Park Race Series #3 (Downhill Finale) at Winter Park Resort
* Aug 28 – Epic Singletrack Series Finale (King of the Rockies) at Winter Park Resort
* Sept 4-6 – Winter Park Pursuit Mountain States Cup Race (Endurance | Gravity | Super D) at Winter Park Resort
Looking to have some fun on a bike well Winter Park CO is the place to be this summer.
Chris July 23rd, 2010
Tags: Mountain Biking