Last Updated on
Ohhh, the cold has hit us here in Winter Park. It has been almost too cold to ski, almost. For the kids though when it dips to the negatives or hoovers around the zero degree mark it may be better to take a day of and let that arctic cold front just move on through.
And what to do with that day not spent on the ski slopes? The Grand County Recreation Center is the answer to that day not on the skis or board. There is not a better way to get away from the cold than our state of the art rec center right on Winter Park’s main street. Here is some of the specifics of the facilities at Grand Park Recreation Center:
- Natatorium with 20ft loop slide, spray & play feature, lazy river, zero-depth entry pool and 4-lane, 25-yard lap pool
- Whirlpool, sauna and steam rooms
- Locker rooms and family changing rooms
- Climbing and bouldering wall
- Multi-sport gymnasium
- Gymnastic center including a foam and tramp pit (scheduled programs only)
- Running / walking track
- Cardio, circuit training and free weight area
- Aerobic / dance studio room
- Drop-in childcare
- Pool party room for rent
- Multi-purpose classrooms for rent
- Beautiful lobby area with fireplace, TV and game tables
Enough activities here to keep the most active of kids and parents busy for the day.
Grand Park Recreation Center hours:
Monday – Friday 6:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday 7:30am – 9:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm
If you are a guest of the Winter Park Lodging Company you can get discounted day passes for only $8 instead of $10. If you’d like to take advantage of our discounted day passes, just swing by our office in downtown Winter Park to purchase them. Call the WPLCo office, 877-329-1383 or 970-722-0707, to get your discounted Grand Park Rec Center passes.
We are here in Winter Park and if the winter part becomes a bit much take a day and enjoy our little piece heavenly summer, The Grand Park Recreation Center.