Top Five Things to do in Winter Park, CO
Sitting down to do a top five list about a place with as many things to do as there are in Winter Park is quite hard I have learned. I was going to sit down and knock this little top five list out and be done with it. Not so easy, there are many things to consider and five just really isn’t enough. So here goes my top five or so Winter things to do here in the Rocky Mountains:
- Ski Winter Park Resort. Doesn’t need a lot of explaining but WP is one of the top ski resorts in Colorado with the most annual snow of all Colorado destination ski resorts. Known for its moguls/bumps and family friendly atmosphere Winter Park/Mary Jane is known as Colorado’s favorite for a reason.
- Take a trip out to Devils’ Thumb Ranch. Devils Thumb offers two very good restaurants, world class nordic/cross country skiing and the best spa in Grand County. There is a lot to do at Devils Thumb, located just outside Tabernash, CO west of WP on US Highway 40. They have a half indoor half outdoor pool that is fantastic with great views of the Continental Divide.
- Snowmobile to the top of the Great Divide. Grand Adventures will take you snowmobiling up to the top of the great divide in safety and comfort. Experienced guides will take you on a trip of a life time to the top of the Colorado Rockies.
- Take a snowshoe hike in the Arapaho National Forest. There are more trails than I can name and they are all spectacular. Almost anyone can snowshoe and it is a great workout and very peaceful. Rent some snow shoes pack backpack spend a day getting away from it all.
- Ski Berthoud Pass on a moonlit night. Not for everyone and can be a lot of work. Nothing like skiing under a full moon though. This is dangerous so make sure to have the proper equipment and ability!!
- Have dinner at the Tabernash Tavern. Great food and a great atmosphere.
- Have a beer at the Parshall Inn.
- Soak your bones at the Hot Sulpher Springs Mineral baths.
I could go on and on but it is Sarah’s birthday today so I’m off to start dinner.
Chris January 7th, 2010
Posted In: News
Local Insider Info, ski winter park, Winter Park Activities