Enjoy a Beer on the Patio in Winter Park, CO
It is that time of year here in the Colorado mountains to put the Sorrels away and break out the flip-flops, Tevas and Chacos and head out for an afternoon of cold suds on the patio decks.
We have plenty of bars here in Winter Park and almost all of them have some king of patio seating. Where to go though for the coldest beer, the perfect rays and patrons that will give up the makeup before the beer (the Miller add to the left is just a hoot). What happens when it comes down to beer or skiing, now there is a conundrum!
Anywho, here is my list of five best decks to have a beer in Winter Park, Colorado (in no particular order):
- The Cheeky Monk – located in the Winter Park Village and featuring all European/Belgium beers on draft, this a great place to people watch after skiing. Great staff, great beer and a great deck to have a beer.
- Deno’s Mountain Bistro – in the the town of Winter Park right on US 40 and not the biggest deck but it does have history and is a great place to see the locals and swill a beer. The building used to be the Old Swiss House from long ago. Teddy, the owner, says this is not not only a beer swillin’ deck but a wine swillin’ one too.
- The Sushi Bar – another deck right on US 40 but at the north end of town. A great deck! And where else in WP can you have a saki-bomber under the blue sky? Offering select $1.50 bottles of beer currently.
- Doc’s Roadhouse – located at the base of WP Resort in the Zephyr building. There is an upstairs and downstairs patio. Operated by Intrawest with a great location and it’s a great place to end a day of skiing/mountain biking/ playing around. Great people watching and an after work hang-out for Winter Park Ski Patrolers.
- The Club Car – located at the Mary Jane base and open only during ski season. Probably the best place to have a beer at the Winter Park Resort. People watching is great and has a very party like atmosphere when the sun is shining, the sky is blue and the snow is fresh.
So there you have my picks for the best place to have a barley pop on a deck in the Winter Park area. Remember it is beer before makeup and skiing before beer!
Chris April 14th, 2010
Posted In: News
Winter Park Activities, Winter Park Resort, winter park restaurants, Winter Park Village