In this day and age of high tech iphones and super jets, it’s hard to imagine the early days of life in the Rockies. To help you experience the simpler times, take a trip to the Rusty Spurr Cattle Ranch for a real taste of the old west. They offer a variety of rides on which anyone can jump on their horse and feel free, from beginner to expert.
- Cattle Drives– Join in with the cowboys, and cowgirls, to wrangle up the herd of 150 head of cattle on the 10,000 acre ranch during your 4 hour cattle drive. $135/person, includes lunch.
- Trail Rides– Enjoy the gorgeous scenery on a leisurely ride through the forrest and across the meadows. 2 hr ride $63/person, 3hr ride $95/person.
- Outlaw Rides– Feel like Jesse James as you lope your horse at a faster pace than your average trail ride. An afternoon for $130/person.
- Saddle & Paddle– Take a morning horseback ride and have lunch before you gear up for raft trip down the Colorado River. $135/person, includes lunch and transport to river.
- Private Horseback Rides– To personalize your ride, go for the private tour. You choose where you want to ride and what to see. 2 hr ride for $125/person, or a 3hr ride for $190/person.
The Rusty Spurr is open Tuesdays through Sundays. Even the horses get Mondays off to roam freely on the ranch. Give them a call at 866.724.9715 or 970.724.1123 to make a reservation, or send an email to [email protected].
Amy July 28th, 2009
Posted In: Horseback Riding, Kid's Activities, rafting
activities OTHER THAN skiing, grand county summer activities, horseback riding