Last Updated on
6 Spring Weekends in Winter Park
So much to do, so little time. Don’t worry about trying to decide what to do while you are here in Winter Park, let us decide for you. Below are the things you don’t want to miss in Winter Park this Spring.
- March 30: This is a BIG day for Winter Park Resort. Some may even say it’s THE day of the year. If you haven’t booked a place to stay with Winter Park Lodging Company for this weekend stop what you are doing and go to www.winterparklodgingcompany.com and pick one of our amazing properties to spend the weekend in. We hit some highlights below but click here for a full schedule.
- Uphill Battle – Skin from Gemini Express ski lift to Sunspot restaurant. Collect playing cards at 5 different checkpoints. At the finish whoever has the best poker hand wins the grand prize. Prizes are also given for fastest time and worst poker hand. Click here to register.
- The Big Wonderful Beer Fest – Click here for more info on this o-so fun festival held in Winter Park. Featuring unlimited tastings from 10 local and regional breweries plus shopping for 30+ local vendors.
- Lil Smokies – Great live band! Winners of the 2015 Telluride Bluegrass Band Competition. Click here for a little sample.
- April 6
- Beach Weekend – Themed luau, spikeball tourney, Jimmy Buffet Cover band AND MORE. For additional info click here.
- April 13
- Wild West Weekend at Winter Park Resort- This event will meet all of your country western needs and then some. Bull riding, line dancing, mechanical bull, corn hole, live country music, and high noon snowboarding duel competition. Click here for a complete schedule of events and registration information.
- April 20
- 80s Weekend – Who doesn’t want to go back to the 80’s?? Click here for all the info you need.
- April 21
- Spring Splash – If there is ONE event you don’t want to miss- it’s the Annual Spring Splash. This competition is one of a kind- fun for participants and on-lookers alike! Contestants maneuver through obstacles and try to sail over a body of water at the end of the course. Contestants are usually dressed in fun costumes which adds to the enjoyment of the event. Click here for more details.
- May 12
- Mary Jane Closing Day – The snow just won’t stop falling around here! It is the 2nd latest closing day in Winter Park History so come make history with us and get your last run in of the season. Want a little insider info? All the locals celebrate in C lot at the end of the day. Join them if you dare.