So what’s new at Winter Park Resort? Well, quite a lot actually. In recognition of the vast and varied terrain that is Winter Park, the resort is toasting the 2013/14 ski season, to be the season of the seven territories. From the powdery bumps of Mary Jane, to the velvety smoothness of the Frontside groomers, and everywhere in between, come the seven territories of Winter Park Resort. You may have skied them before, and you should come ski them again in this season of seven.
WHAT ARE THE SEVEN TERRITORIES OF WINTER PARK
- Winter Park Territory, known for its groomers, long cruisers, and renowned Ski + Ride School, it’s perfect for families who want to stay together…and for those times you just want to escape on your own and tackle a diamond or two.
- Vasquez Ridge, featuring some of the most persistent powder stashes on the mountain, Vasquez Ridge Territory is the very definition of “off the beaten path.” With intermediate and advanced terrain as well as hidden pockets of untouched snow, you can truly get away from it all.
- Parsenn Bowl is more than breathtaking 360-degree vistas. It’s an intermediate-friendly, high-alpine experience, from challenging to chill, starting with a wide-open bowl and ending in gorgeous glades more than 1,600 vertical feet below.
- Terrain Park, six terrain parks one super pipe and the expert Dark Territory. The entire park system features an 18-foot super pipe and more than 80 other innovative, progressive features that are always being re-configured to enhance creativity on the slopes, making the half dozen parks both a chilled-out home for beginners and a challenging test for experts.
- Mary Jane, home of the big bumps and legendary trees and the famous Challenger lot parking and parties. Long, bumpy, and unabashedly challenging—but with plenty of blues to help you chill out when you need to—Mary Jane is the truly authentic Colorado experience that’ll push your limits and make you feel like a local. No matter where you’re from.
- Eagle Wind, backcountry skiing with inbounds safety and access. Breathtaking tree skiing and the best glades around. Home to pristine powder, tree and glade skiing, with expert, side country terrain (but still inbounds) winding through a beautiful, challenging forest.
- Vasquez Cirque, home of steeps, cliffs and big droops. The Cirque offers the excitement of un-groomed, backcountry skiing and riding within a patrolled area. Once only accessible by hiking, The Cirque now features the Cirque Sled, new for the 2013-14 season. Stray tuned for more info in the sled
And there ya have the Winter Park Resort seven territories. Come and explore these meccas of skiing, whether it’s your first time out, or you are a repeat offender, Winter Park/Mary Jane has some great skiing for everyone.
For a little taste of what’s in store for us this winter, check out this awesome TV18 INSIDERS GUIDE TO WINTER PARK VIDEO SHORT, detailing some Winter Park’s advanced terrain, and start dusting off those skis!